Tuesday 31 May 2022

TRY IT ON TUESDAY - GUEST DESIGNER

What a great month I've had being chosen as Guest Designer for three separate challenge blogs.  It's been an exciting time for my birthday month lol! 

Today I'm a Guest Designer for Try it on Tuesday .  Their challenge this week is For the Man in Your Life.  The man in my life is my hubby - we've been together 41 years this year and married for 37 of them!  He is a keen fly fisherman and when I saw this stamp set from Woodware I knew it would come in handy.  It's a single stamp but I have used parts of the stamp as layers.

I love collages and am having a lot of fun making these style of cards lately.  I started off by using some Tim Holtz Distress Oxide ink in Salty Ocean for my background.  I stamped the stamp a few times to be able to cut out the various parts with some stitched circle framelits and layer them on to each other.  I fussy cut out the fish and added them.  I added some twine behind to represent fishing line.

The Happy Birthday is a Tim Holtz stamp and was randomly stamped on the background.  I added some washi tape here and there.





7 comments:

Helen said...

Gorgeous card for the man in your life.. and Happy Birthday to you as well! LOVE that stamp set and the distressed background! Thanks for being our Guest Designer at Try it on Tuesday! ((HUGS)) Helen

My name is Erika. said...

I'm so glad you are joining us as our guest designer this challenge Fiona. Thank you. I love the fishing themed card. It is a nice masculine piece. And those embossed words in the circles look great. Happy almost June. hugs-Erika

Joan said...

Love your card and how you have used the stamp, great background too. Lovely to have you as guest designer on TIOT

Joan x

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a fabulous card! I love all the stamping and layered fishy images, it's perfect for our challenge 😀. Thanks so much for the inspiration and for joining us as Guest Designer over at Try it on Tuesday! Wishing you a happy June! Hugs Jo x

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a fabulous way to use that stamp!This really is a fantastic card! It's great to have you as our Guest Designer! Hope you had a Happy Birthday too! Hugs, Chrisx

Meggymay said...

A fantastic card for the man in your life, its great inspiration for the TioT theme and many thanks for being our Guest Designer for this challenge.
Yvonne

Mrs.B said...

A brilliant masculine card Fiona, and I love how you've used the stamp.
Lovely to have you as our Guest Designer at Try it on Tuesday.
Avril x