Friday 11 March 2022

Spring is in the air

My card today is inspired by Tracy Evans who has a challenge running on her FB group for circles.  I also wanted to add a card for Ukraine and used their colours.

My  card uses Tim Holtz Distress Oxides in Salty Ocean and Fossilised Amber  with a watercolour background with the Flutter stamp white embossed on top.  I then added part of the Bird Song stamp set and the words Fly Free which I thought were apt for Ukraine at the moment. 






I'm adding these into the following challenges

The Paper Players - Spring mood board 
Mod Squad - Ukraine 
Everybody Art - Beginning with B for Birds 







8 comments:

Cindy Beach said...

Your watercolor and stenciled background is fabulous and I love the bird image and vintage vibes. Thanks so much for joining us at The Paper Players!

Uschi said...

Both of your cards are so handsome. Fantastic background with those blue and yellow colours. For me it suggests something like a map. In these days it is a wonderful wish to fly free. In my opinion your first card with the little bird in the circle reflects the desire best. Anyway both of them are really amazing.
Thanks a lot for entering the EAC challenge.
Hugs Uschi

Creaine said...

So glad you’ve joined our challenge at Mixed Media Lovers! I just love what you’ve made. Hope to see you again next time.
Blogowner: Ine http://creaine-cards.blogspot.nl/

Inkyfingers said...

Such a lovely pair of cards, Fiona! So artsy and beautifully executed.
Thanks for sharing with us at ATYSM.
Hugs
Carol x

Judy Woodland said...

I just love this card, it's so interesting with all the different elements. They all work perfectly together!! Lots of wonderful work here, and a great take on the challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Mod Squad!! We hope to see you back again soon, and thanks for standing with Ukraine.
Judy~ MSC Designer

Izzy Scrap said...

Beautiful cards with stunning watercolored and stencilled backgrounds. Fabulous colour combo and great artsy designs. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at ATSM.

Helma said...

Beautiful. I'm so happy spring is in the air. Thanks for joining the challenge. Greetings Helma DT Member

Heather said...

These distress inks are so cool, Fiona, great choice for our storyboard at HSS! You have nailed this!