Friday 4 March 2022

A 4x4 card

This is a new size card for me - a 4 x 4 as asked for by Retro Rubber in their challenge this week. It is a tic tac toe and I chose the vertical line of 4 x 4, embossing and twine.

I started out by using Distress Inks to create my inky background.  I added a very old stamp by Cherry Pie Art Stamps in Black Versafine and then used an old SU embossing folder Painted Texture to emboss it all.  The stamp must be at least 15 years old!  I added extra stamping around the edges, added some twine and some pearls and layered it onto coloured cardstock.

I'm adding this into the following challenge:

Love to Craft Challenge AG 



3 comments:

Heather said...

Wow, Fiona, love that inky background - glorious! Very cool vintage images, and the twine is just right! I'm so shy of square cards - this is perfect! Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber!

Jane Knudsen said...

Ooh la la! I like this card - this is a great example of vintage and I appreciate you going for the 4X4. I don't normally do those either! Beautiful card all around! Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber!

LeAnne said...

Love vintage stuff and this is very nicely done in a 4x4 size! So happy you played with us at the Retro Rubber Challenge this week!