Friday 20 August 2021

INSPIRED BY.....


I was inspired by the new challenges over at Inspired By and thought I'd try and have a go at the Christmas one.  It feels like winter here in the UK anyway with dark skies and rain and I even had to put the heating on yesterday!

I realised that I really don't have very many Christmas foliage type cards or dies so had a hunt in my stash - most of it is in boxes ready for moving but I managed to come up with something which I think fits their sketch and the Christmas image.


I started off by using a Sunny Studio stamp from their Holiday Style set which is the lovely fir branch - I used Tim Holtz Distress Inks in Iced Spruce and Evergreen Bough and stamped it in a circle.  I used the Tim Holtz Wreath Die and some Holly dies from Mixed Media Christmas to create the holly wreath and the foliage behind.  The candy canes came from another Sunny Studio set called Mug Hugs which I cut out and tucked behind the bow, which I covered in Dazzling Diamonds. I added jewels as holly berries.

I added a Tim Holtz stencil with the Christmas Foliage in Peeled Paint and added an old sentiment stamp from my stash.  I layered it onto some kraft cardstock, 




I'm also adding this into the following challenges:

christmas Kickstart - Photo Inspiration
SirStampALot - Celebrate Christmas 


Excited to say my card was chosen as a Top Sister for The Sisterhood of Crafters 





My card was chosen in the top 3 at Addicted to Stamps











10 comments:

Darlene said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

HilaryJane said...

Love the wreath effect with that pine foliage a great Christmas card. Thanks for sharing it with us at Christmas Kickstarter xx

Dotty Jo said...

Such a beautiful card! Thanks for playing with us at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

Ina G said...

Simply beautiful Fiona. So Christmasy. Love the bling on the pretty bow and how you have scattered your leaves. Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Sisterhood of Crafters.

Danni Reid said...

Your card is so beautiful Fiona, I love your design and those candy canes are so beautiful! Thank you for inspiring us @ IB this week!

Shona Hamill said...

Fantastic card, thanks for sharing with us at the Holly and Ivy Christmas challenge. Shona (DT) x

brenda said...

It's a lovely textural Christmas card and lovely to see you at Stamping Sensations, although we are a stamping challenge and the focal elements are you say all dies.

B x

Mrs.B said...

A lovely Christmas card,
Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations, Avril

Crafting Queen said...

Lovely card. thanks for joining Stamping Sensaitons. Anesha

MagsB said...

What a fabulous Christmas wreath, Fiona! This is gorgeous! (And good luck with the move!) Thanks for joining in at the Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge!

love Mags B x