Tuesday 23 June 2020

STAMPIN UP ONLY CHALLENGE - SUMMER #SUOC252



Our challenge this week at SUO is Summer. Well the last few weeks here in the UK you would have thought we were back in winter. Lots of cold rain and wind and dark clouds - apparently though summer is back to see us later this week - with a vengeance and a heat of nearly 30 gulp!


My card celebrates summer in a slightly different way.  I've used a lovely old set called Postage Due - I wonder if the little stamps would fit the new punch?  I stamped the background in Basic Gray and added a touch of Powder Pink water colour in various places.  I used Soft Sky and Pool Party and Powder Pink to stamp the little stamps. I added some retired DSP and some ribbon across the middle.

This card speaks summer to me because of the French theme - so many people visit Paris in Spring or Summer and sadly not many travels are being made at the moment.  I know we won't be doing an overseas holiday this year and maybe not even one in our own country. I do feel for those who are in the hospitality business as it must be so tough for them.  




 

1 comment:

CraftyHunnypots said...

Beautiful card love your way of thinking about summer yes your right it is going to be very hard for those in the hospitality business x