Tuesday 28 May 2019

STAMPIN UP ONLY CHALLENGE - #SUOC224 - MASCULINE THEME

A great theme over at Stampin Up Only challenge this week - Masculine themed cards. We all seem to struggle with these and - to be honest - it's probably only in our heads because I'm sure the men don't really care! 

My card today uses Winter Woods - just to show this set is not just for Christmas.  I took my inspiration from a video I had seen Jane Allmark do with those lovely birch branches. I love Silver Birches - they are very special trees and I have three beauties in my garden.  I added them to some of the Wood Textures DSP.  Before adding the cardstock though I used the paper to cut out the shape for the sentiment.  I never like to waste paper and often use backing pieces to cut out or punch out shapes before using it to layer.  The leaves were done cut out of Wild Wasabi using the Colourful Seasons framelits.  The twine is retired and the sentiment is from the retired Watercolor Wings set and fits the retired banner framelit perfectly.  











 

No comments: