Tuesday 14 May 2019

SUOC223 - SPRING

Our challenge over at Stampin Up Only challenge this week is Spring - with an option of Mother's Day - though for us here in the UK Mother's Day was in March. I lost my mum 9 years ago this month so doubly Mother's Day is not a card for me at the moment.  My card however does have a spring like feel to it and I've used my mum's favourite flowers - roses.

I've used the very lovely Petal Promenade DSP together with one of the pieces of the Delightfully Detailed laser cut paper.  Both of these were gifted to me by my friend Andrea Parr and this is the first time I've used them.




I used the pale pink backing of one of the papers and added the lovely trellis piece on top.  This was backed onto some of that lovely pink rose paper and I used some of the cut offs to punch out the butterflies - I've used my retired Butterfly Punches in both large and small for the butterflies.  The sentiment is from a retired set Cottage Greetings and I've inked it in Fresh Fig.

I look forward to seeing all your lovely spring like creations - I know my mum would have loved this card.


 

1 comment:

Bette S said...

I love your lovely, soft card, thanks for sharing it. My sympathies in the loss of your mother. I lost my Mom in 1972 (I'm no spring chicken!), so I share your sense of loss. I'm sure you have lots of wonderful memories of your mother, as I do. Hold tight to them. Hugs.