Wednesday, 8 July 2026

ADDICTED TO STAMPS AND MORE - # 521 MAKE YOUR MARK






Welcome back to ATSM and a chance to get your colouring mediums out to play be they paints, marker pens, pencils etc.

I'm sharing a recent watercolour I created for a competition at a local event later in the month.  Wish me luck.  The paints I've used are Winsor & Newton - a mixed palette of lots of lovely colours.  I used my new Fumuui brushes to create the scene.  I don't really consider myself an artist as I normally rely on stamps but this was free hand and I'm pleased how they turned out. 



I'm adding this into the following:

Allsorts - AG 
Inkspirational - summer mood board 
As You Like It - my first time creating free hand watercolour flowers and I loved doing it 
Ellibelle's Garden Party - from the garden 




I mentioned above that my watercolour painting was for a local competition.  I'm delighted to say I won First Prize.   A huge achievement as I consider myself a crafter not an artist and it was among some pretty tough competition.  





11 comments:

Pauline C said...

Really beautiful watercolouring, good luck in the competition xx

Deborah Wheeler said...

Such a beautiful garden of flowers Fiona - your watercolouring is just fab! (PS your link on the ATSM page isn't working - I came and found you via Google xx)

Fiona said...

Thanks Deborah for your lovely comments and thanks for the heads up - I've fixed the link

Inkyfingeredcat said...

Really beautiful 😍

Darlene said...

Oh Fiona ... this is just gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at the Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Sisterhood of Crafters Owner

Gail L said...

Lovely water color!
Thank you for joining us at Allsorts!

Julia Aston said...

What beautiful watercolor florals you painted for your card, Fiona! Best of luck in your competition and thank you for sharing with us at Inkspirational: Summer Vibe! Julia xx

brenda said...

A beautiful summer floral creation Fiona, many thanks for sharing at Allsorts challenge.

B x

Marlena M. said...

Stunning work! Thank you for joining us at INk~

EmmaT said...

Its gorgeous and love how they meld into the background, good luck at the competition with it x

Ellibelle said...

Your watercolor painting turned out so beautifully, gorgeous colors and just wonderful! Thank you so much for sharing at my Garden Party!