Friday 5 July 2024

CREATIVE ARTISTE MIXED MEDIA - JULY



Welcome back to another challenge at Creative Artiste Mixed Media.  Please remember we are a Mixed Media challenge and as such want to see at least 3 different mediums on your projects - not just paper and ink.

I'm sharing a canvas I have recently completed for a competition.  Our area WI (Women's Institute) holds a competition for all the WI's in the area and their theme this year is Beatrix Potter.  My entry is going in as part of our group entry which includes someone else baking and decorating a cake, some knitted items, some embroidery, some jam and my canvas.  Fingers crossed - I'll let you know how we get on!

My canvas size is 8# x 10#.  I covered it first in various paints from Tim Holtz.  I then added some texture paste through a stencil and added extra colour.  The stamping is from various stamps from Tracy Evans.  The Peter Rabbit has been cut from an image and some extra coloured added to him.  

The little pot is from moulded clay and then stamped with a stamp by Tracy Evans. This is the first time I've played with modelling clay and I loved it.  I followed instructions from a Tracy Evans workshop.  Stamping into the clay was inspired. I dried it around a jar to give it that dimension then added dried litchen from the garden. I've also added a dried twig for it to sit on.  I then used Tim Holtz Distress Crayons to gently colour the images on the pot as it was still quite delicate. 







I'm adding this into the following challenges:

Ellies I Spy - something blooming lovely 
Paper Funday - Critter Crazy 
NBUS - Modelling Clay 

3 comments:

Judy McKay said...

Love your art journal page. Your theme with the bunny is very well done. So many details and ideas. Very magical. Hugs Judy

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a beautiful make! I love Peter Rabbit and your design is perfect 😊. Thanks so much for the inspiration, Happy July ! Hugs, Jo x

Anita said...

Your canvas is sooo pretty, Fiona!! Great textures and colors all around. I really like the little pot and how you've given it dimension and used it with lichen. (And I'm glad you loved your foray into modeling clay. Hope you have many more fun sessions with it.) Good luck at the WI competition--I hope your group wins! :-) Anita xo