Friday 7 June 2024

CREATIVE ARTISTE MIXED MEDIA CHALLENGE #105

Creative Artiste is a monthly challenge blog for everyone who likes to mix their media. So, as long as you like to use various mediums on your creations, we'd love to see you enter the challenge.


Its the first Friday of the month and that means a new challenge over at Creative Artiste Mixed Media Creative Artiste Mixed Media where we ask you to include at least 3 different mediums on your project.

I'm sharing another journal page - I just love how this one turned out.  I was even so disciplined that I let the layers dry in between throwing all my mediums at it.  After adding gesso to the page I added some paste with a stencil and then used some inks and lots of water to get that smudged look.  The inks I used were Liquitex Acrylic Muted Grey and Tim Holtz Faded Jeans and Wilted Violet Distress Oxides.  The image of the window top left is a Shawn Petite stencil and the little window and frame is actually from my husbands model railway buildings - one he'd thrown away and I nabbed it.  It's just perfect for this page.

The butterfly die cut is from Tim Holtz and I added a pen nib to the body.  I added some background stamping from Alison Bomber stamps and the seal is of a ship at sea.  She has told us the significance of this stamp to her set in one of her videos.  I used some washi tape with the word Journey underneath the butterfly and the sentiment is from Alison's stamps.  I used an oil pastel crayon around the edges of the paper.



I'm sharing my art journal page with Art Journal JourneyArt Journal Journey - they ask what makes you  happy?  Art journaling makes me happy - I never thought I would be able to be this creative! 

I'm adding this to the following challenges:



This is my May calendar page - I've set us a challenge on my own Facebook craft group The Joy of Sets to create our own calendars for 2025.




7 comments:

Judy McKay said...

Fiona, lovely project. Beautifully designed and layered. Have a create month. Hugs Judy

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, what stunning pages! Your designs are so beautiful and I love the texture and pretty colour palettes that you created - perfect 😊. Wishing you a happy and creative June! Hugs, Jo x

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

You are so good Fiona I find it very hard to let those pastes dry for as long as they should your patience has paid off and the results are magnificent, the brick is so realistic. Well done on salvaging the window doesn't it work in harmony with the whole of your page. The Butterfly is so inspiring along with your chosen words. A lovely journal page, I can see why you are so pleased with it.
Happy Crafty June Tracey
P.S Your calendar page is also so lovely I hope you enjoyed your special day last month x

Anita said...

Love all the texture in your journal page, Fiona, and the cool colors are just perfect for your composition! So clever of you to use bits and bobs that work so seamlessly with the stamps and dies that you've used. Love the colors on your calendar page too! (Belated birthday wishes! :-) ) Hope you have a wonderful and creative June ahead. xo Anita

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Incredibly three dimensional journal page. I LOVE that brick wall and how textural it is. Of course, the butterfly is lovely and so well done. This is perfect for Matilde's theme at Art Journal Journey. Thanks for sharing it with us at AJJ.


Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I forgot to mention that I really like your calendar page and that you created it yourself.

My name is Erika. said...

These are both really lovely Fiona. I love the pen nib for the body of the butterfly. And that amazing texture of the old wall. You even included the window-very cool. And your calendar is also lovely. I love the look of the crayon/pastel on the textured paper. Thanks for joining us for Matilde's challenge at AJJ. hugs-Erika