Tuesday 28 February 2023

HAPPY LITTLE STAMPERS - MARCH 2023 - WATERCOLOUR WITH OPTIONAL WINGS




Welcome back to Happy Little Stampers Watercolour Challenge.  We are all feeling refreshed after our break and ready to break out the ink and water!  

I went with a tag for my option today and included the Wings brief.  I started by making a background with Tim Holtz Distress Oxides in Twisted Citron and Peacock Feathers.  I added water to some watercolour paper with a paintbrush and then added very diluted ink from both colours and let it dry naturally.  Once dry I added a touch of a Tim Holtz stencil over the top with a light dusting of the Peacock Feathers. I added some background stamps from Tracy Evans called Flutter.  I used the same ink but added a lot of water to it to give a very watercolour effect to the stamping.  I also added some stamps from Aida Domisiewicz #47 from Aallandcreate and cut out the words 'Fly Away' and added them on tope.  The other sentiment is also from this set and I stamped it on tissue paper then used Dina Wakley Gel Medium to adhere it.

The butterfly stamp is from Tracy Evans called Glide.  I stamped it first to get the background images then re-stamped the butterfly and cut it out.  It was coloured with Tim Holtz Distress Oxide in Peacock Feathers - using the one ink to get the various dimensions of colour.  Once dry I added a clear embossing powder from Creative Expressions which really brought out those lovely colours and made them more vibrant.

I added some black thread behind the butterfly and added some thick foam to adhere it. I also added some black ribbons from my stash and some black pearls. I added Peacock Feathers to some white ribbon to colour it for the top ribbon.




4 comments:

Nandini said...

Wow! This tag is just amazing!!

Ina G said...

Love that tag Fiona and such detail. Of course you used such great stamps too lol.

Lyn Bernatovich said...

Beautiful mixed media tag Fiona! Loving all the yummy layering. LynB xoxo

Anke said...

WOW Fiona your tag is so beautiful ...