Wednesday 12 January 2022

Watercolouring

I'm joining in with the CASMix Up card challenge blog - a new one I've just found.  Their theme is Loose Watercolouring and I fancied getting the Tim Holtz Distress Inks out and having a play.  My first card uses the inks added with a water brush - splodged onto the Tim Holtz mat - the stamp is one from Anita Jeram.

The second cards uses those same inks but these time they had been spritzed with water so as not to waste them and the card was swooshed into the ink.  I hope you like my swoosh word lol!  I've used another of the Anita Jeram stamps here - they really lend themselves to watercolours.



I'm adding these into the following challenges:

Shopping our Stash - Something beginning with S - for Stamps 
We love stamping - anything stamped 

10 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful cards love the fun images and great watercolouring
Carol x

Mrs A. said...

Two lovely cards. Like the first one very much but your 'smooshed' second card is just as effective. Not heard of This stamp designer before so off to investigate. Hugs Mrs A.

nancy littrell said...

Two fun cards, Fiona. So pleased you joined us at CAS Mix Up with your 1st loosely watercolored cat card. Your 2nd card with the smooshed background with your leftover inks and sweet little critters was so much fun too. TFS Hugs..Nancy

brenda said...

A very sweet Cat card, many thanks for sharing with us at We Love Stamping challenge.

B x

dj said...

S is for stamps!! That cat stamp is darling...perfect for any cat lover! Thanks for playing along with our "starts with S" challenge over at SOS!!

Zoechaos said...

Looks like you had some nice messy inky fun! Thank you for sharing with us at We Love Stamping and Good Luck xx

KraftyKoolKat said...

So cute Fiona. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at We Love Stamping.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

SmilynStef said...

what lovely backgrounds for those cute little critters ... so glad you shared your *S* creation with us at Shopping Our Stash.

ike said...

Gorgeous cards. I love your water colouring tachnique.
Thank you for purring along to play at SUYP Cats Challenges.
Hugz
IKE =^..^=

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

My Paper Epiphany said...

Love your beautiful cards! Anita Jeram images are perfect for this style of colouring! Thanks so much for sharing at CAS Mix Up:)