Tuesday 24 July 2018

BOOK PAPER

An unusual title you may think but it's the challenge over at Try It On Tuesday this week - I love books and, like most, hate to think of destroying them but I do have a little book I picked up in a charity shop for 10p which I use for crafting with.  It's an old tourist book of Rome from the 1950's.  Hubby loves Rome and was devastated when he saw me cutting it up!  But I'm giving it new life!



As it's to do with Rome I chose to use the colour purple - they liked purple in Roman times - especially the Emperors.  I've used the flower from an old Stampin Up set called A Touch of Nature.  The background paper was torn and then sponged and inked in another old SU colour More Mustard.  A touch of Lace Ribbon and some gold thread adds to the vintage look of this card.



 

7 comments:

craftytrog said...

Your card is beautiful Fiona! Love it!
Alison xx

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card love the distressed book page
Carol x

Meggymay said...

It is a beautiful project, you gave your old book paper a new beginning on your stylish card. Thank you for sharing it with us at Try it on Tuesdays.
Yvonne

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a beautiful card! The purple is perfect! Thank you so much for joining us at Try It On Tuesday! Chrisx

froebelsternchen said...

This is simply ADORABLE! Great you shared this with Try it on Tuesday Fiona!
Hugs, Susi

Rika said...

Thie is pretty.

Mrs.B said...

A lovely card Fiona, and perfect for our challenge.
Thanks for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesday
Avril xx