Saturday 9 April 2016

MOSAIC CARD - BIRTHDAY BLOOMS


 I've made a mosaic card.  I don't know if that is a recognised technique or not but I had great fun doing it.  Although I must admit when I was about to cut the card up I did get a bit of a pang in case I got it wrong after all that colouring.  I numbered the backs of each piece as well so I wouldn't forget where they went.  I always did like jigsaws as a child!

I've used the rose from the Birthday Blooms set.  I used SU marker pens to colour the stamp so that I wouldn't get a black ink line around the flowers.  I used Always Artichoke, Elegant Eggplant, Rose Red and an old SU colour Creamy Caramel.  It was stamped onto Whisper White and a touch of Going Gray ink around the edges.  I then mounted it onto two lots of grey cardstock, Basic Grey and Smokey Slate.  A touch of white gel pen and Wink of Stella added a touch of sparkle.  Some of the gorgeous Organza ribbon and some diamantes to finish off.  The sentiment is from the Banner Banter set. I love how this turned out and think I'll be looking for good stamps to make more tiles
.
.I was pleased then to find a challenge blog which had this picture as inspiration.  I loved the floor tiles and thought my card could be considered tiled!  The challenge is called Time Out Challenges if you would like to play along - you'll find them here.












Happy Crafting

FIONA


2 comments:

sandie said...

Thank you for leaving us a lovely comment on our main blog, we are so pleased you found our challenge. Great to se the floor tiles inspired you and you also got in the flowers. You were very brave to cut out the card after all that gorgeous colouring but it worked a treat. Thanks fir joining us at TO x

Jill V said...

I love your take on the inspiration photo - such a creative idea to use both the tiled floor and the flowers on the cabinet! I am so happy that you found our Time Out cCallenge blog and enjoyed playing along with us! Jill