Sunday 10 April 2016

ANOTHER CHALLENGE - PLEATED SKIRT FOLD CARD



The thing I love about doing challenges is it really helps to motivate you and send you in different directions.  I'm sure I'm not the only crafter to sit at their desk and think what can I do?  Especially if you have limited stash and seem to be using the same stamps over and over again.

I loved this new challenge blog I found - called Watercooler Wednesday - and this week's challenge was a Tic Tac Toe! Interested?  This is what they give us to work with and as in the game you can take three of the choices horizontal, vertical or diagonal.






I chose to try the third vertical box Fun Fold, Stripes and Any Shade of Purple.  My card uses the skirt fold technique and I've used the SU Designer Series Paper with the stripes on show and the scallop showing the flowering underside of the paper, all in gorgeous purple.  There is a touch of Pool Party on the card and the flower just to balance the purple a bit. 


To  make the skirt fold, I used a piece of Designer Series Paper cut  to 7 3/4" x 3". On the right side of the paper make a small  mark with a pencil 1.5" down from the top corner.. Along the bottom of the paper make a mark 3" from the left corner.  Using a paper trimmer cut the two marks to create the angle.  Score the paper along the long uncut side at 3" 3.5", 5 and 6 1/8".Simply fold the pieces as if it were an accordion.  You can glue them in place if to keep them secure.  Add to your card stock and decorate as you would like.  If you want more folds, add more score lines.


I love this challenge and may even try and do some others using different boxes.

You'll find the challenge here if you want to have a go.



Happy Crafting







6 comments:

Heidi Weaver said...

Hi Fiona, I'm so glad you found our challenge. What an elegant card you've created! That pleated skirt fold certainly shows off both sides of that paper beautifully. I love the tiny flowers peeking through at the bottom of the folds. What a clever idea to add those little Pool Party blossoms for a bit of contrast. Great composition. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

Gail said...

I love purple - although I don't use it nearly enough. And you are so right with your take on what challenges can do - after all, that's why it's called a challenge! And you have answered that challenge with flying colours. Thanks for playing along at the Watercooler!

Marsha Reed said...

This is such a beautiful card, Fiona! I love that pleated fold. Thanks for joining us this week at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges. I hope to see you again soon. Marsha

Deborah Smart said...

I really like the touch of Pool Party you added, Fiona. It's such a nice balance with the purple. The pleated fold is one of my new favourite techniques, too! Such a wow that's not too complicated. I'm glad you joined us for this Watercooler Wednesday challenge - I hope to see you in a lot more, too! ~Deborah

Created by Kath said...

Very Elegant!

Unknown said...

Hello Fiona! First of all Love your name! :) I'm happy you found our challenge! I love the pleated fold and will need to try it since I've seen so many wonderful cards made with it. Oh and yes the Pool Party certainly adds just enough to break up the purple. Thank you for joining my Tic Tac Toe challenge with Watercooler Wednesday Challenges. -Leanne DT