Wednesday 8 September 2010

I'M BACK AND SO IS INCHY CHALLENGE BLOG




I'm back from a wonderful holiday in Kefalonia, Greece as part of our 25th Wedding Anniversary celebrations - this was the view from our pool - isn't it gorgeous!

We received a wonderful Welsh Lovespoon from Emma and Christopher as a present.

In case you are not familiar with Lovespoons, the custom and carving of Welsh Lovespoons originated in Wales hundreds of years ago. The young man would carve the spoon in the hope that his loved one would accept it. If the girl accepted - it showed her interest and is the origin of our word "spooning" Various symbols would be included - a chain would mean togetherness, a dragon for protection, a heart for love, a diamond for good luck etc.



I've also started up inchy challenge blog again with a brand new set of challenges each week which is going to be WORDS. This week's word is Touch - here's my inchy - the image was part of a Moo I was sent by Pauline and I loved the way she'd presented it so I adapted it somewhat to become an inchy and added a few more bits and pieces. If you'd like to join in with our challenges you'll find us here




2 comments:

Carole said...

What a gorgeous view! I'd love to visit Greece. It sounds like you had a fantastic time.

Interesting about the spoons.

Thank you for your comments on Joe. I know back when you lost your beloved kitty, I had mentioned my long time companion cat (17 years), as well as the one we had lost around the same time as you (Peanut). It's been a rough few months, and life can be so very hard some times.

I'm glad to see the inchie challenge is back and will try to take part as much as possible.

Take care of yourself.

K J D said...

Fiona what a gorgeous view.... I bet that was hard to leave behind.

I love the spoon what a wonderful present.

Glad you are back with Inchy by Inchy :)

ps i made the cake and it was yummy!