Monday 7 October 2024

INSPIRATION STATION #66





Look at this gorgeous image to inspire you this month from Inspiration Station .  Autumn is my favourite time of the year - which is just as well as we seemed to have missed summer this year here in the UK and a lot of the days have felt autumnal.  But once the leaves start turning colour, and the winter stews are on and the fire is lit is when I'm at my happiest.  Sadly my own sunflowers were not very good this year - their main ingredient for life - sun - was sadly lacking so I've had to make do with a stamp instead! 

I started off my card with my gel press and adding inks and a stencil to create the leafy background.  I then stamped the lovely sunflower from Tracy Evans set and cut out an extra flower to add on top to create interest and layers with a touch of twine behind the flower. 

I've added some extra stamping around the sides from a lovely set I won from Brenda which has great elements in it including a crackle stamp which I love. Its called Botanical Blass by Highlight Crafts - not a company I'm familiar with. 




I'm adding this into the following:
Inspire Create - Autumn 
Daisy Chain - Autumn
Allsorts - falling leaves - my stencil 




2 comments:

Donna Walls said...

Autumn is my favorite time of year and Sunflowers are my favorite Autumn flower, your mixed media art piece is truly lovely. Thanks for such a pretty team project for The Inspiration Station Challenge.
Donna xx

Makira said...

🧡🧡🧡 This card is absolutely beautiful! I love all your inky layers! Thank you for playing with us at the Colorful Options Challenge. Stay safe and dry!
Cheers, 🎨 🌈🎢✨ Makira
https://parkhoppingmyhappyplace.com/
https://colorfuloptions.blogspot.com/