Wednesday 1 November 2023

THE MALE ROOM - FEATHERS




I'm taking a break from Christmas cards at the moment with our challenge at The Male Room of Feathers.  

I used the gel press again to create the background and added a stencil to remove some of the ink before pressing the paper onto the press.  The gorgeous pens are from Tracy Evans from a lovely set called Nibs and Mushrooms.  I stamped it once on the card and then added an extra part cut out and coloured in and added to the top of the original stamp.

The ink well and the feathers is from another Tracy Evans set called Pen and Ink. I stamped it and cut out and layered the feathers.  I added some more background stamping and found the word writing from an old dictionary I use for mixed media.  I kept it all monochrome to add to the vintage feel in keeping with the pens.



I'm adding this into the following challenges:







3 comments:

Chris said...

I love your card Fiona, beautiful stamps and perfect stamping. It's a perfect entry for our 'masculine' challenge at Fab'n'Funky, thanks for joining in.
Chris
x

Buffy said...

Beautiful card, quietly powerful.
Thank you for joining in with us at Fab’n’Funky challenges
Buffy (DT) x

MortiCraft said...

Another clever way to feature feathers on a masculine card. Lovely background. I have a gel plate but I’ve yet to experiment with it. X