Wednesday 22 November 2023

CHRISTMAS CRAFT CREATIONS - ADD A HAT

Welcome back to another monthly challenge at Christmas Craft Creations - if you've been with us all year you will have a great start to your Christmas card collection.

Our challenge this month is Add a Hat.  This nearly had me stumped but then I remembered this older Tim Holtz set Carved Christmas 1 with the great linocut hat and knew I had to use it. 

I used a Tim Holtz stencil for my background using a soft palette of Aged Mahogony ink over an Antique Linen background.  I added some Tim Holtz collage Holly paper,  I embossed the stamp then cut it out and added it to a gold stitched circle.  I added a white gel pen to the word Jolly.  I cut out some Tim Holtz foliage and added it under the circle and added a twine bow.



I'm adding this into the following challenges:








7 comments:

Carla's Cards said...

A lovely card! Thanks for sharing with Crafting from the Heart. DT. Carla

Carla's Cards said...

Lovely Card! Thanks for sharing with Crafting from the Heart! DT Carla

Lynda said...

What a fun card - love the colour scheme. The use of the hat and all the foliage beneath really looks great. Thank you for joining us at The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

What a fun theme for a challenge, and I love what you did here. The vintage look is fabulous as is your hat. Perfect for our Challenge at Time Out. Thanks for playing with us!

Meggymay said...

Yes a woolly hat is ideal for cold winter days. Thank you for sharing your lovely card with us at Try it on Tuesdays.
Yvonne

My name is Erika. said...

This is a pretty card, and the wooly hat definitely says cold. Thanks for sharing this with us at TIOT. hugs-Erika

Deepti Aggarwal said...

This is such a beautiful Christmas card. I really love how beautifully you have added all the elements. Thank you so much for joining us at Time Out. Hugsxx Deepti