Tuesday 20 November 2018

HAND STAMPED SENTIMENTS #IC303

Eek - in case you didn't know Christmas is coming - I'm sure like all us crafters you have been busy making Christmas cards since August - I know I have.  They are my most favourite cards to make.

I adored the imagery we have for you at Hand Stamped Sentiments #IC303 this week - those nostalgic scenes are right up my street.



I think my card has a touch of the nostalgic theme about it.  I used a retired SU set called Warmth and Wonder because I love the Cardinal.  We don't have these lovely birds in the UK - our closest is the robin but I did like seeing them when I lived in the US so I built my card around him.



I used some gorgeous Soft Sky blue as my card stock inspired by the colours above.  The backing paper was a gift from a crafting friend and I love the little touches of berry on it.  I coloured my Cardinal in with Stampin Up Marker pens and cut it out with a stitched framealit and sponged the edges in More Mustard.

I added the touch of mistletoe die cut which is non SU and added some Wink of Stella to make it shine.  I added a touch of Burlap ribbon and edged some Early Espresso cardstock for the border using the framelit from Seasonal Framelits.  The gorgeous amber coloured jewels are non SU.

A touch of stitching around the edges with a Chocolate Chip marker pen finished off the card.  I'm looking forward to seeing all your Christmas entries.




 

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Love this one and how you were inspired by your favourite cards.

Sarah Keerie said...

Lovely, I do like the bird. I've been bursting into the winter wonderland tune for most of the day!