Monday 5 November 2018

ALL ABOUT THE GLITTER....

We have a great challenge for you over at Try Stampin on Tuesday for our Technique Challenge - Glitter, Glitter Glitter. Who doesn't love it - especially at Christmas time?

Kaylin has done a fab tutorial for you on adding glitter to your card - My way however was slightly different - mainly because I didn't have the paper she had.  In my cupboard though, hidden at the back and not used for years I found some Stampin Up Heat and Stick powder.  I must admit it's been so long since I used it I had to go on to you tube and find out how.  And now when I realise how easy it is I'm surprised it lay in the cupboard so long.




I used some of the gorgeous papers from Kaisercraft Wonderland and the trees and house are all from Hero Arts Winter Scene stamp set.  The greeting is also from Kaisercraft.

To make my snow glisten I first used a Versamark pad all over the paper.  You then add the heat and stick powder and heat it up until it glistens - but don't over heat it or it will lose its stickiness.  Then add your glitter or dazzling diamonds and I just reheated it gently again to make sure it sticks.

I hope you are inspired to get the glitter out - I'm looking forward to seeing what you do.


 

1 comment:

Jane Allmark Crafting With Jane said...

I still have my heat & stick powder & it is still by far the best way to get glitter to stay put. X