Thursday 2 August 2018

READY, STEADY, GO!!!

The Challenge over at Inkspirational this week is make a card in 10 minutes or less.  Not very difficult for me because I do tend to rush through my cards - so I popped the timer on and decided to see exactly how long it would take me.  The challenge over at CAS Colours and Sketches is a double whammy of colours and sketches lol!  So I decided to combine both challenges and do a CAS card in under ten minutes!  These are the colours and the sketch to work to - I didn't have the correct SU colours but used some similar retired ones of Certainly Celery, Close to Cocoa and Regal Rose.





I used some of the new DSP and used the Stitched Circle framelits to cut out the apple stamp and the background.  I used a new SU pearlized doily behind.  The leaves and stalk were cut out and added with dimensionals to the back of the apple.  I used the framelit from Colourful Season to add the detailed DSP.  All in all it took my a little over 8 minutes to do.


I'm also adding this into the Inspired By challenge which is back to school - that doesn't happen in the UK yet until September and, as my kids are now grown, school is no longer an issue.  I do remember the days though, as a stay at home mum, that I never wanted them to go back - no honest I didn't!  I loved having them home.  I quite like the idea though of giving the teacher an apple at the start of the year!  I wonder how that practice started and if it is ever done still.



 

4 comments:

Laurel said...

Oh you are fast! Cute card! Thank you for playing at Inspired By!

Marina said...

I love the layers of images and pattern - a great design. I agree the apple thing is interesting - it's funny that apples have become a motif for teachers and learning. But handy for us cardmakers! Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges.

Jhays said...

Who knows...it might be as simple as A is for Apple when learning the alphabet. I homeschool so no back to school for us...we school year round lol. Btw...great card. Love it!

Jeanne said...

Wow - under 10 minutes! I'm impressed. What a wonderful card!