Tuesday 21 August 2018

BERRY SWEET

A number of challenges have had Berries as their prompt for us this week.  I decided to use the retired Stampin Up Apple of My Eye set which I recently bought.  Such a great little set I'm glad I have it in my stash.



I went with CAS for my card and cut out a frame using the stitched framelits and used it as a template to sponge the background in SU Powder Pink.  I then stamped the cherries from this set in Crumb Cake for the stem, Pear Pizazz for the leaves and it had to be Berry Burst for the berries.  A touch of Wink of Stella added to them to make them shine.  The sentiments were also inked in Berry Burst.  The ribbon is in Powder Pink and that completes the card.  Berry Burst is not really a colour I use often because I'm not really a Bright's colours kind of girl - I much prefer to use muted earth tones - but Time Out challenged us to use bright and I think the cherries needed to be a bold colour.


And, as with all my CAS cards I have to walk away and not add any extras!

I'm adding this into the following challenges:

Addicted to CAS #143 - Berries 

Inkspirational - Ice Creams - My card uses the berries and the Sweet sentiment 

The Paper Players #PP406 - CAS Fruit and Veg 


Time Out Challenge #116- Bright


I've just looked at this card again and made myself laugh - it looks like a Mrs Potato Head without a mouth!  Not quite the look I was going for. LOL!




 

8 comments:

sandie said...

the sponged frame makes a lovely background for the cherries and love it is in such a soft colours-makes those cherries look so ready to eat! Thanks for joining Ink

ElizStewart said...

Fiona... love your super sweet cherry card! So cute! Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Paper Players!

Nonni said...

Not at all like Mr Potato! :) Very cute! :) Love the added bow and the simple layout of this. Thanks for joining us at TIME OUT!

Nonni said...

...and Inkspirational! :)

Anne Marie Hile said...

Such a sweet card, Fiona! I love that little bow on those cute cherries. Thank you so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players. :)

Shauna said...

I like your cute cherries! So fun and colorful. Thanks for playing with us at Inkspirational!
- Shauna

Shona Chambers said...

Being a 'cherry-addict' I'm totally in love with this card!! We are coming into Spring here in New Zealand and the cherry tree's won't be far away from blossoming. This is a brilliant CAS design and love the way you highlighted the background behind the cherries. And the little bow is so perfectly done. So glad you shared this with us at TIME OUT!

Bobby said...

The sponged background brings attention to the darling berries, Fiona. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Addicted to CAS.