Wednesday 27 June 2018

HERE COMES SUMMER

Summer has definitely arrived in the UK with temperatures soaring into the high 20's and, as often happens when it's hot, everyone is complaining about the heat!  It's really the fact that our country is not set up for this sort of heat - few homes have air conditioning and at the moment not even my car has it as it has decided to stop working - aarggh!  It's a full time job also trying to keep my little foster cats cool in their pens - lots of iced water and damp cool towels for them to sleep on seems to be helping them.

So with summer in mind my card today has a definite summer feel to it - It uses one of the new colours from Stampin Up which is called Pineapple Punch and lots of other retired SU products going back years.


The cardstock is the new colour - I've then used some of the retired DSP Color Theory, Colourful Seasons stamp set and matching thinlets, retired banner thinlets, retired Summer sentiment comes from Season By Season and the little flip flops is from an old set called A Little Love.  The gorgeous Bermuda Bay ribbon is also retired. Luckily the ink is still current.

I'm adding my card into the following challenges:

TGIF Challenge -     Summer Inspiration
Fab Friday -            New SU In Colours
The Paper Players - Sketch 





 

5 comments:

Amanda Mertz said...

You've chosen a wonderful theme to go with your weather! The chair along with the yellow/green combo really is perfect for warm weather! Stay cool and keep stamping! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

Heather said...

So pretty and summery - I love this suite - especially the chair! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

LeAnne said...

This is as sweet as can be, and I can remember ALL those retired sets! In fact, I was wishing I had kept that set of four seasons just the other day! I love the summery feel you created with these colors too! Thanks for playing with the Players this week!

Annie S. said...

You card just screams summer and warm days! Love the colors that you used! Thanks for sharing over at The Paper Players this week and I hope you can stay cool!

Carolynn Sander said...

This is such a cute summery card! Thank you so much for joining in with us this week over at TGIF Challenges!💖