Wednesday 30 August 2017

Watercooler Wednesday #WWC134 - "Anything Goes"

http://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/





Our challenge this week at Watercooler Wednesday is Anything Goes. Well if you are anything like me this is the hardest challenge as there is so much to choose from - where do you begin?

I actually chose to use the Coffee Cafe stamp set for my card - this has been a difficult week for me home wise and also my heart is breaking for my old neighbourhood of Sienna Plantation in Houston, Texas where I was fortunate to live for nearly 3  years.  They have been devastated by Hurricane Harvey and, having lived through Hurricane Rita back in 2005 which was no where near as serious, I know how scary Hurricanes can be.




I really like the Designer Series Paper in this series which is known as Coffee Break  - the colours are so pretty and work well with earthy colours which are my sort of colours.  The Coffee Cup Framelits make it easy to punch out the coffee cups and also some of the little cups out of the DSP.  I've added a touch of some of our new Sheer Ribbon in Old Olive along the side and the cute little Corrugated Elements just finish this off.


I look forward to seeing all your designs - thanks for stopping by my blog and do leave a comment - I love to hear from you.


HAPPY CRAFTING



 

3 comments:

Penny Hanuszak said...

Fiona this is a wonderful anything goes card and a terrific card for touching base and showing you care. Love the colours and the two sentiments. It must have been just devastating for your to go through Katrina and Hurricane Harvey must have congered up all kinds of sad and terrible memories for you. Sending you a hug across the wire.

Andrea W said...

Wonderful card Fiona! The colors in the paper collection are really pretty and I like how you added the ribbon along the side. I'm sorry to hear your old neighborhood was hit by hurricane Harvey. Praying everyone gets the help they need to move on from this disaster. Hugs from Oklahoma!

Heidi Weaver said...

What a great card, Fiona! Love that background designer paper. It's one of my favourites from the catalogue. Great work with the stamping, die-cuts and, of course all that fussy cutting. The finished result is perfect. This has been a horrible year for natural disasters!