Wednesday 3 May 2017

WATERCOOLER WEDNESDAY CHALLENGE 117

http://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/

Did you notice my new badge?

I am super excited to have been offered a place on the Design Team of the fabulous Watercooler Wednesday challenge blog.  I have played along with their challenges on and off over the last few years and I was honoured when Heidi asked me to join them for an initial few months.  It is amazing to see all the work that goes on behind the scenes for a challenge blog - who knew?

So for my first challenge this week on the other side of the fence it was 

Heidi's Feminine Challenge - Anything Goes



 I grabbed my Birthday Blooms - I'm so happy this set is staying for another year in the catalogue.  I used our Watercolour Pencils to colour in the rose with a touch of Wink of Stella on the stamens in the middle.

I wrapped some of the Copper Metallic Thread - tricky stuff to use as it is so fine but it helps if you add a bit of glue to the back of your cardstock before wrapping it.

I've used the Bitty Butterfly Punch which sadly is not staying but mine is going nowhere - I love these butterfly punches and I will still use them.

The card was layered onto some Old Olive Cardstock onto some Whisper White which has been embossed with an embossing folder.



















 

 I hope we have inspired you to join in with the challenge.  Check out all the other Watercooler Artists to see what they have in store for you this week.


HAPPY CRAFTING

 
.

3 comments:

Penny Hanuszak said...

Welcome aboard Fiona. It's wonderful to have you join our design team. I'm a big fan of the Birthday Blooms stamp set too, and thrilled that it survived the retirement cut for another year. I think this is one of the most feminine sets we have, so good on your for using it for this first ever feminine challenge at the Watercooler. Beautiful! Love the colouring and the addition of that Itty Bitty butterfly. I'm not giving mine up either!

Heather Hopson said...

Happy Stamping Fiona! You will make a great addition to the Design Team. I love your creativity and your sharing of ideas. This is a lovely card and it is definately worthy of being a feminine card. My Mom would love this card.

Heidi Weaver said...

Such a lovely card, Fiona. I find the Birthday Blooms set is so versatile and fun. So glad you're part of our team.