Monday 5 September 2016

GREETINGS FROM SANTA

Ha - its a bit like buses - you wait ages and then two come along at once. Here I am now posting twice on one day after an absence of a few weeks.

Whilst browsing the challenges I came across this one for Global Design Project and really fancied having a go.

I'd made a Christmas box today - I was supposed to be hosting a class but my customer didn't turn up so I made boxes instead.  This one was inspired by Angie of ChicnScratch.  




I used some of the lovely This Christmas Suite Designer Series paper and some sentiments from Greetings from Santa to make this lovely little box.   I've added a touch of the gorgeous Natural Trim ribbon with silver and threaded some gold thread through some of the cute little Mini Jingle Bells.  The inks used for the stamping were Cherry Cobbler and Garden Green.

I loved the look of this combination so much I decided to use it again for my card for Global Design Project. Their challenge this week is a sketch challenge by Teneale Williams.




 


For the card I used Crumb Cake as my base cardstock and layered the DSP onto some Soft Suede.  The sentiment was stamped onto Very Vanilla and and also layered onto soft suede.  The scroll was fussy cut out and stuck on with dimensionals.  I've used the three twines from the Baker's Twine trio pack in Cherry Cobbler, Garden Green and Gold wrapped with a couple of the Mini Jingle Bells attached.  Tricky little things to attach I can tell you!  I've used a touch of Washi Tape on the end of the twines to help thread them through the bells.




Thanks for looking and I hope my projects have inspired you.  All projects can be purchased through my website - just click on the Winter catalogue on the right to be taken to  my store.




 HAPPY CRAFTING


 

No comments: