Friday 8 July 2016

LOVE AND AFFECTION - A WEEK OF ONE STAMP SET!

Over the next few days I'm going to be showcasing one main Stamp Set just to give you lots of ideas and to show you don't always need lots and lots of stamps, especially if like  most of us you are on a tight budget, but love your crafting.

I've chosen to use the Love and Affection stamp set.  Not maybe one of the most popular from the new catalogue at first glance but this little set has lots to offer.  It has 16 Polymer Stamps and three sentiment stamps which I've used an awful lot.  It does also come as part of The Affectionately Yours Suite so there are plenty of ways to add to this little set with Washi Tape, ribbon, Embossing Powders, Cardstock and even Designer Series Paper, not forgetting the gorgeous Embossing Folders.

 http://www2.stampinup.com/ECWeb/searchresults.aspx
Floral Affection Textured Impressions Embossing FolderAffectionately Yours A4 CardstockAffectionately Yours Designer Washi TapeAffectionately Yours Specialty Designer Series Paper

I'm going to be focusing on just the stamp set. I may sneak in another now and then - just as I have on this following card with the butterflies from Papillon Potpourri. My game, my rules lol!

And anyway this card is in for the Watercooler Wednesday challenge this week and I needed to add something in threes on the card and I fancied doing the butterflies searching for the flowers.  Their challenge this week was a Sketch Challenge.  Sorry for the quality of the photos today - not sure what is going on there!  Here's their challenge - click on the image to be taken to the challenge website.

http://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/


 I've actually used the Affectionately Yours Cardstock Pack for these colours which are Watermelon Wonder, Night of Navy and I've added Very Vanilla.  Mint Macaron is also part of the pack, though I've not used it here.


 The Night of Navy was clear embossed with the flower from the set to create my own background paper.

The Butterflies from Papillon Popourri were also clear embossed - I think you can just see them.  They were then blinged up with a bit of Dazzling Diamonds and a Rhinestone added to the main flower.




 As usual all products can be purchased from my Website - just click on the images above to be taken straight to it  - and don't forget our Bonus Days Promotion during the month of July.


 Happy Crafting


 

6 comments:

Heidi Weaver said...

Welcome back, Fiona! What a lovely card you've created, featuring that little Love and Affection stamp set. I love the Suite to which it belongs. That clear embossing on the Night of Navy is subtle and yet makes such a difference, adding interest to the background. All those little subtle touches, such as the added embossing on the butterflies as well as the glitter, adds to the elegance of your card. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

Marsha Reed said...

Hi, Fiona! Good to see you back. Hope you had a great holiday. Love your card. Thanks for joining us this week at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges.

Penny Hanuszak said...

What a lovely card Fiona. Love the colour mix and the background stamping. Thanks for joining us in the Watercooler challenge this week.

Gail said...

Butterflies and blooms - a perfect combo. Thanks for joining in the Watercooler Challenge!

libbystamps said...

Nice card Fiona! I like all the attention to detail. Thanks for playing along with us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges this week!

Deborah Smart said...

Welcome back from your vacation, Fiona! (will you be sharing pictures??!) I like how you created your own background with the stamping, and adding the Wink of Stella to the little butterflies across the bottom. I'm glad you enjoyed the sketch I chose - thanks for playing with us at Watercooler Wednesday. ~Deborah