Saturday 21 May 2016

AS YOU SEE IT CHALLENGE #135





I found a new challenge this week to play along with.  As You See It challenge had a sketch for us to use as inspiration.  You can play along with the challenge here.

This is the sketch they gave us to work with.

AYSIChallenge135

I've used all Stampin' Up! naturally, some new stamps and some current stamps.

.


The cardstock base is Crumb Cake, layered with Mint Macaron and Very Vanilla.  The Inks used are Watermelon Wonder and a touch of Mint Macaron on the butterfly.

The background stripes are from the new Playful Backgrounds set and I thought they suited this challenge perfectly.  The sentiment is from the Love and Affection new set and the butterfly is from the current Papillon Potpourri. A touch of Dazzling Diamonds on the butterfly adds a bit of sparkle and a touch of Mint Macaron ribbon finishes off the card.

I'm pleased with the way this turned out and really love these colours together.  Hope you do too.

Papillon Potpourri Clear-Mount Stamp Set by Stampin' Up! 








3 comments:

Jan Clothier said...

Fiona, thanks for joining in with us at As You See It. Glad you found us! It is a great colour combination. Love the Playful background you've used. I think that one's going to move to the top of my wish list now I've seen it in action! The addition of the ribbon is a lovely finishing touch. I like how you've set up your blog too - the weekly tutorials are a great idea. Hope you join us again.

Jane Knudsen said...

Hi Fiona! I am so glad you found this challenge and played along! I think you did a superb job with this sketch. I love the idea of using a stamp for the stripes! Why didn't I think of that! Love that unique touch! Thank you for joining us at As You See It! Be sure to play along with us again!

Heather Cooper said...

Pretty colours and that background striped stamp is such a clever way of creating the vertical element of the sketch! So glad you could join us at As You See It Challenges!