Friday 13 September 2024

DARING CARDMAKERS - ON THE BALL




I'm back for another week as Guest Designer for Daring Cardmakers.  Our Brief for this project is On the Ball and luckily that could include ballroom as I really don't have anything in my stash for ball games.

I was gifted this lovely stamp set by a member of my Joy of Sets Facebook Group Hazel Anne - and although it is not a set I would have chosen I've loved using it and it's come in handy especially for birthday cards.  I do love the Art Deco feel to it and thought it was perfect for this challenge. Its from Hunkydory and is called I Dream of Deco.

I stamped the images first - the man in Versafine Nocturne and the lady in Versafine Medieval Blue.  I then simply coloured a background water colour wash carefully around them with two Distress Oxides - Wild Honey (one of my favourite at the moment ) and Iced Spruce.  I added additional stamping and some Nuovo dots and sparkle to her dress. 










1 comment:

Pauline C said...

Very stylish dancing couple Fiona, and a beautiful inked background xx