Monday 6 May 2024

INSPIRATION STATION -





A fabulous collection of what look like wild flowers is our inspiration for you this month at Inspiration Station.  

I thought I'd try to create my basket of flowers on some Kraft paper and use some coloured pencils.  This doesn't always work for me so it was a challenge but I was pleased how it actually worked this time.  The trick is a good white pencil and I  bought myself a new one from Faber Castell which seems to have worked a treat. 

The flower basket is an old stamp from Stampin Up - I added some stencilling behind for the basket to sit on and the little petals are also a stencil from creative Expressions.  The sentiment and extra leaf petals are from Tracy Evans. 




I'm adding this into the following:

Triple B - Blooms, Butterflies 
The flower challenge - colour your flowers 
Make My Monday - Florals 
Outlawz Challenge - Monday - AG 

4 comments:

Donna Walls said...

I love pencil coloring on Kraft Paper, and you've done a beautiful job coloring this basket of florals. Thanks for a wonderful team project for The Inspiration Station Challenge Blog!
Donna xx

Pamela said...

what a great creation with basket of flower for our challenge at MMM. Thank you for joining us!

My Side of Oz said...

I am a huge fan of colored pencils on kraft paper and a good white pencil is a must! Your basket of flowers is amazing and I love the stenciling on the background! Thanks for playing with us at the Outlawz Monday Greetings Challenge! Nan DT

Cindy Beach said...

Hi Fiona! It's wonderful seeing this creation in our gallery, and what beautiful results you achieved with colored pencils on kraft. Your flower basket is overflowing with gorgeous-ness. We're so glad that you joined us this month at The Flower Challenge!