Tuesday 16 November 2021

I'm back crafting....



It's been a long six weeks but I'm finally back crafting after moving home from England to a mountain in Wales and with no internet for about four weeks.  I had to make the decision to cut back on most of my obligations to Design Teams but wanted to continue with Hand Stamped Sentiments and am so pleased Genny was pleased for me to stay.

So I finally made it into my craftroom to make something for this week's challenge.  Here's our sketch we are working with.  I chose to do a Christmas card for mine as it's getting near that time of year and I just love making Christmas cards.




I started off by masking the part in the middle and used some Distress Ink in Antique Linen from Tim Holtz to cover the panel. I then took a Tim Holtz stencil which has fir cones and leaves on it and stamped over it in Pumice Stone. For the panels at either side I used some Tim Holtz Collage Paper in Holly.  I added some Washi tape from my stash.

I used a Tim Holtz wreath die for the wreath in the middle.  I first covered a piece of card stock in the same Collage Paper and then cut it out with the die cut.  I used Liquitex Matte Medium for the collage paper.  I used some SU card stock for the bow and added some white dots with a white gel pen.  The Christmas Wishes banner was from my stash.





1 comment:

Stampin by Genny said...

I'm so glad you're back in your craft room and creating! I love the vintage feel of your card and your use of washi tape such a great idea. Beautiful card!