Thursday 19 October 2017

LET'S SPARKLE

Ha - its a bit like buses you wait a week or more and then two posts come along at once.  One of my favourite old Stampin Up sets is one called Winter Post from 2008 I think and I just love using these skaters on Christmas Cards.  

We are lucky to live near Winchester and every year near Winchester Cathedral there is an Ice Rink along with a Christmas market.  We did go skating a few years ago but to be honest the thought of falling over now and breaking something just puts me off going.  The atmosphere though to go and watch is just lovely and wrapped up warm with a cup of hot mulled wine watching peopel skate is a lovely start to the Christmas season for me.

The challenge over at Sweet Stampin' this week is Sparkle and Shine with the added pressure of trying to capture that sparkle in your photograph.  I'm not quite sure I've done that here though - there is some Dazzling Diamonds underneath the skaters to represent the ice and some Wink of Stella on their clothes.  The snowflakes have a diamond in their centres and there are a few diamonds on the left hand side.  The little brad in the Winter tag also has a diamond.




 Here's a close up of the skaters - I think we can just see that shimmer and shine?



I'm also entering this card into a new Challenge blog I've found called The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge - I adore making Christmas cards so this could be a new favourite Blog!!   Their challenge this week is Anything Goes



 HAPPY CRAFTING 

 

2 comments:

Cass said...

Great card. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin'
Cass xx

Cara said...

A beautiful vintage card. So sorry I'm late visiting. Thanks for playing along at Sweet Stampin'. Cara DT x