Thursday 6 October 2016

POOTLES DESIGN TEAM - TOTALLY TREES - SPRING


 Pootler's Design Team



I was so delighted to be given the chance to be on the Pootles Design Team for the month of October.  This means that every Thursday for the next month you will find a new project by the team using the stamp set Totally Trees which you will find in the new Winter Catalogue.

I adore this set Sam Hammond sent us.  And I must admit I over looked it when I was pouring over my new Catalogue for all its showier Christmas cousins.  But what a versatile set this is.  It comes as a Polymer set with 27 yes 27! stamps.

I am basing my cards for the next month on Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter.  I do have a wonderful retired stamp set by SU from 2005 called Season by Season which actually has this wording on it but sadly I couldn't use it for this challenge.  But I found ways around using the actual words.  

So my Spring card uses one of the trees with extra leaves stamped on it.  The birds are a sweet addition to this set - those facing right to left have been stamped using the reverse technique.  Basically you stamp them on to some acetate and then press this on to your card stock.




 I've used Mint Macaron and Crumb Cake here - Mint Macaron is one of my favourite SU colours!  I've used some of the lovely DSP from the Serene Scenery.  The sentiment is from the Jar of Love set.




 For the ribbon I have glued some of the gorgeous Mint Macaraon Sheer Linen onto the Burlap which gives great texture.  A little addition of some Enamel shapes finishes off the card.






 

2 comments:

Linda Parker said...

Fabulous card and a lovely colour combo Fiona x

Scrimpingmommy said...

Fantastic story and beautiful work too xxx