Monday 23 March 2009

INCHY BY INCH CHALLENGE/SATURDAY SURPRISE



Aren't these inchies just gorgeous - Frankie calls them little jewels and Frankie is our Guest Designer over on inchy challenge blog this week. Why don't you come and play with us. Frankie is putting up a tutorial on her blog to share her technique for making these gorgeous inchies.


Here are mine - though I'm not over the moon with them.



Another new challenge site for me this week Saturday Surprise asked us to do a Sewing Basket. Well, I'm not much good at sewing - I can just about sew on a button so don't really have a sewing basket. But its amazing what you find in your stash and I found these embellishments - I knew they'd come in handy one day.




I'm chuffed to see I made it on to the Wednesday Stamper sampler last week. Two in one week - now....there was only one ambition I had left - I wonder did I make it???????

YES I DID - woohoo - its been an ambition to be featured on an Arty Girlz sampler and I managed the very last one - thanks girls - hurry back!!!!



9 comments:

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

This is "sew" perfect for the challenge! Well done! Thanks for stopping by and making my day with your sweet thoughts!

Carole said...

Those are nice inchies Fiona.

The technique does take practice. It's a matter of timing with the 'molten' powder.

Dragon said...

The inchies are lovely, Fiona. I think you have done well, even though you say you are not pleased!!
Frankie
xx

Anonymous said...

Fiona...your little inchies are great. Love the silver one. Your sewing piece is lovely...love the little sewing machine embellishment, too cute :)

Unknown said...

Your inchies came out great! It IS tricky though. I made six, but only posted one.

Phree said...

Lovely inchies, and your sewing box is really cute. Well done on making it onto the sampler.

Heather Robinson said...

I can completely relate to your message about not being much of a sewer. I'm not either but you have risen to the challenge with pizzazz and flair. This is a marvelous piece full of awesome details. So glad you joined us this week!

K J D said...

Great inchies, the silver one is my fave.... I found this a bit fiddly... but I suppose it is supposed to be a challenge... lol .... it was for me as my stamp kept slipping - I made more but own put two on my blog:) Great challenge though! Thanks:)

Timaree said...

You put one of those inchies on a piece of ribbon on a card and you'll love it. They just aren't quite as dimensional as the ones Frankie made but when you aren't comparing them you'll appreciate them more.