Friday, 4 September 2026

CREATIVE ARTISTE MIXED MEDIA - #130




Welcome back to Creative Artiste Mixed Media where we want to see your projects with at least 3 difference mediums added to make it clearly Mixed Media.

I'm sharing a journal page today - I recently purchased the Dina Wakeley Ledger Journal - normally I use my own but I fancied having a go at creating on something this large.  The pages are a little too yellow for me so my first thing is to cool them down with either paint or gesso.  I love how this page turned out - I never have an idea of what I want when I start any piece - I just seem to go with the flow and hope things will come to me as I go along.

I found these two Paper Doll Images in my Tim Holtz collection and the page started to make sense.  When I found the quote in an old quote book it was meant to be.  Alison Bomber has taught me to try and tell a story in my pages and that's what I tried here. 

I used Tim Holtz stamps from The Professor and some of his tissue collage paper Photographic.  The little strips of paper that say Tea come from my own family copy of a ration book from World War 2.  I photocopied them rather than use the originals.  





4 comments:

EmmaT said...

Such lovely pages and layouts, love the characters just chilling out. Wish I could create just going with the flow but alas for me unless i see it in my head first then nothing comes out my fingers....

Andree said...

Fabulous pages Fiona, great details with the images and stamps. And how wonderful to have access to original artifacts to use for interest xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

So rewarding to be able to just sit and create from start to finish, there is such a warmth that shines through the journal pages incredible use of colour. Good choice of TH folk and I agree with Andree really great to have original ephemera what a treasured addition. Beautiful pages.
Sorry I am late I am having issues with the internet Hugs Tracey x

Ina G said...

What a fabulous result you have achieved here Fiona. Amazing creative backgrounds, so artsy. How cool are those paper dolls just perfect.