Wednesday, 2 September 2026

ADDICTED TO STAMPS AND MORE #525 - DIE CUTS/STENCILS



Welcome back to ATSM and our challenge of die cuts and/or stencils.  I've used both here.  I don't often use Die Cuts but if I do they are normally by Tim Holtz and his Leaf Fragments are some of my favourites.  I'm in full on Autumn mode even though I'm a bit early but I'm looking forward to the cooler days after the hot summer we've had here in Wales and the UK.

I started my tag off with an embossing folder.  I haven't used embossing folders in a while and the one I did use was for the first time!  I'm not sure of the make but it gave the 3d effect which was what I wanted. I then added some Embossing Ink over the raised parts and added Crackling Campfire embossing glaze over it.  I then used some Distress Ink in Weathered Wood and water coloured over the remaider of the tag.  I added various stamping by Tim Holtz.

I cut out some of the leaves from some background papers I had made and added extra Crackling Campfire to match the background.  These were also embossed to give the leaves some shine.  I then built up my collage using some tickets from Ideaology and some extra stamps from Tim's set The Professor.

I chose these paper dolls as I thought they suited the quote I found of The Chemistry Club.  I had earlier created some ephemera from book pages and sellotape which just happened to have the names of four gentlemen so I added that to the bottom.  

The ribbon at the top has been hand dyed using indigo plant dye.  I only used a small bit as I'm eeking it out!  





I'm adding this into the following:

Tuesday Taggers - Embossing - Heat Embossed and Embossing Folder 
Unicorn - Not Square 
NBUS - Embossing Folder 
Four Seasons - Autumn 
Simon Says Stamp Monday - get in shape - 



5 comments:

Pauline C said...

Very imaginative mixed media tag Fiona, I love all the techniques you have used xx

My name is Erika. said...

What a COOL background you created. This is a fantastic tag. Thanks for sharing it with us at Try It On Tuesday. hugs-Erika

Diane said...

Very creative tag, looks like a lot of great texture!
Thank you for joining our challenge at The Four Seasons!
Diane
{Nellies Nest}
The Four Seasons Co-Owner

Meggymay said...

Thank you for sharing your fantastic tag with us at Try it on Tuesdays, great images and details to look at.

Darnell said...

Amazing, Fiona! I'm always impressed by mixed media artists who can create such amazing layers of color and texture! I think this is a chemistry club I could enjoy, lol! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! (Sorry to be tardy in commenting; blogger has been in a snit!) Hugs, Darnell