Monday, 7 September 2026

INSPIRATION STATION #89



I love our inspiration photo for you this month at Inspiration Station as I'm in full Autumn mode and looking forward to some cooler weather here in Wales.  I decided to create some home deco with some of Tim Holtz leaf dies Leaf Fragments. 

I used some old packaging - tearing off the top layer to reveal that lovely corrugated inside.  I added some gesso in places. I created the panel on some water colour paper.  I added some Distress Oxide Ink around the edges in Rusty Hinge, Ground Espresso, and Wild Honey.

My leaf stamping were from various sets - an old Clearly Besotted leaf set and some leaves from Tracy Evans at Aallandcreate. 

The leaves were cut out of backgrounds I had lying around - some were mop ups, some were card fronts I hadn't liked and some were stencils backgrounds.  I added some stamping with an old Hero Arts wooden stamp!  I don't often use wooden stamps but some are my old favourites and it's actually nice not to have to look for a block to put them on! I added extra stamping to the background.  

I added some material behind the word Autumn which was also added to the bottom of the piece.  I love these little hangers from Tim Holtz and I found the perfect quote which fit in the space. 




I'm adding this into the following:

Papercraft Crew - Hello Fall
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday - Texture Tim Holtz 
Crafty Gals - AG Fall 
Colorful Options - earthy colours 
Dream VAlley - autumn colours 
A Cut Above - die cuts 
We love stamping - trees and leaves 
Unicorn - Not square 
Four Seasons - Autumn
Outlawz - anything but a card 
Simon Says Stamp - Monday Stamp it 


7 comments:

  1. So glad this post came up first and I got to see this fabulous MM arty creation Fiona. Love corrugated cardboard as it is so versatile. Love your leaves and all the wonderful stampings. Love the grungy look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous MM project! The repurposed cardboard makes a great base for the fall leaves. Thanks for sharing with A Cut Above's September Challenge.
    Vicki - ACA Owner

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely rich Autumnal mixed media piece and perfect for our theme at We Love Stamping challenge, many thanks for joining us.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! The textures and colors are so rich. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful piece! The textures and colors are so full of fall splendor, and your choice of hanging is perfect! Thanks for sharing with us at The Outlawz Anything but a Card. Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely piece of Autumn decor for your home, love all the different textures.
    Thanks for sharing at We Love Stamping. Avril

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun and creative piece of home decor art, homemade is the best!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at The Four Seasons!
    Diane
    {Nellies Nest}
    The Four Seasons Co-Owner

    ReplyDelete