Monday 5 November 2018

WALKING IN A .....

Winter Wonderland. It's rare really in the UK that we get snow at Christmas time - Easter is sometimes when it usually comes but on the rare occasions it does it is magical.  We spent a Christmas in Houston when we lived there in 2004 - took the children to the cinema to see Polar Express in the usual Houston warmth of a Christmas Eve.  Can you imagine our delight and astonishment when we came out of the cinema and it was snowing!!!!  It was truly magical and one of our best Christmases ever.



My card today is a one layer card for Addicted to CAS challenge - I used sponging to create the snow effect and masked off the moon to give it a wintery glow.  I hope there is enough white space for the challenge!  The stamps I've used are from a set from Little Hero which is called Winter Scene.  There is a touch of glitter just to make it sparkle a little. 

I have a lot of Christmas cards to send out for my Joy of Sets members all over the world so one layer cards are just what I need to save a little on postage. This is going to be one of my favourites I think.


A big thank you to CAS Colours and Sketches who chose my little robin card this week as one of their winners.





 

1 comment:

Barb Ghig said...

I think there is plenty of white space on your card, Fiona! Such a beautiful winter scene and I love your ink blending on the snowy hills! A really stunning one layer card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Addicted to CAS!