Tuesday 6 November 2018

HAND STAMPED SENTIMENTS - COLOUR CHALLENGE CC302

We have a colour challenge for you over at Hand Stamped Sentiments this week.  I decided to have a play with Stampin Up's Dandelion Wishes as I haven't used this in a while and it makes a change from Christmas cards.




I don't have any Merry Merlot yet in my stash so I used the closest thing which is Cherry Cobbler.  I used that as the card base with some Pumpkin Pie for layering.  The background stamp is a very old one from Laura Ashley. - The words say "Find your inspiration anywhere roaming the English Countryside gathering wildflowers...." - a perfect backdrop for the Dandelions. I used Crushed Curry for the words and sponged the edges with Pumpkin Pie and stamped the dandelions in Memento Tuxedo Black ink.





I added half a Pearlized Doily from SU which has been inked in Crushed Curry.  I found some ribbon that looked very like Pumpkin Pie and added an old SU brad.  The beauty of not being an SU demo any more is I can use all my old stash.  Some Cherry Cobbler enamel dots finish off the card.

 

3 comments:

Jane Allmark Crafting With Jane said...

Would never have thought of combining Red & Orange together in cardstock & dsp/ backgrounds but it looks fab x

Sarah Keerie said...

Dandelion wishes, one set that I won't be parting with if it goes on the retiring list! :) I love the colours, a great combination. xx

Andrea said...

I agree with Jane, red and orange are not two colours I'd use together but then when I got to thinking they are both classic autumnal colours so nature definitely likes them together. Love this card x