Friday 5 October 2018

OH CHRISTMAS TREES

I'm playing along with the challenge at Global Design Project #GDP158 this week which is a sketch challenge.  I'm also adding this into the TGIF challenge #tgifc180 which is a colour challenge - all of the colours they've asked for are in the background paper - I wonder if that's cheating? lol! 





I've chosen to use a retired stamp set from Stampin Up called Warmth and Wonder - I just love the little trees in this set.



I inked them up with some Kaisercraft Ink in Lagoon, and the dots were added in SU Island Indigo - these colours go so well together!  I kept them simply inked in a line and added some detail with some Rhinestones from Kaisercraft and a touch of Wink of Stella.

I've used some Share What You Love DSP from Stampin Up for the background continuing the theme of those little dots on the trees.  I've used some Island Indigo card stock to back the trees - but not before cutting out some shapes with the stitched framelits.  I always do this with card stock I use for backing - it's too precious and expensive to waste and then you always have a little stash of cut outs.  The thread is some I had in my stash and works perfectly and, as the sentiment has a full stop (period) at the end of it - my pet hate - I've added another rhinestone there to cover it.



 

1 comment:

Tami Hewlett said...

Great card! Love all the rhinestone ornaments! Thanks for joining TGIF Challenges this week.