Sunday 7 October 2018

JOY OF SETS WINTER CATALOGUE BLOG HOP - WINTER WOODS

 Joy Of Sets


It's time for another Joy of Sets Blog Hop. Joy of Sets is my Facebook group where we celebrate all things Stampin Up both retired and current. We also celebrate other stamp companies and products also.  Everyone shares their cards and their scrapbook pages and it's a wonderful resource.  If you're on Facebook and not a member then come and join - we have loads going on with monthly sponsored challenges, worldwide RAK, swaps, blog hops!  We even have a Secret Santa, worldwide, arranged for this Christmas. Just click on the logo above to request to join the group.

So for this Blog Hop we are celebrating Stampin Up's Winter Catalogue. I am no longer a Stampin Up Demonstrator so I must admit I have limited supplies for my own challenge!  In fact I only have Winter Woods.  Such a lovely set that I could see being used far beyond just Christmas.



I decided to go all out glitter for my card - I started with a base of Night of Navy card stock.  I then took a piece of Whisper White and stamped the two trees in Night of Navy - I added a mask for the moon and then sponged the card with the same coloured ink.

I then took some Heat and Stick powder - I have had this years and hardly ever used it but decided it was time it had an outing.

To use it you cover your project with Versamark ink.  You then apply the Heat and Stick Powder and, using your heat tool, heat it until it gets shiny.  Don't overheat or it will loose its glue affect.  Then add Dazzling Diamonds - all over it!  They will stick like magic.  Then just run your heat tool over them again to help them stick.  I kept the mask in place so that they didn't go over the moon.

I then used the Versamark again for the sentiment and heat embossed it in Silver Embossing Powder.  I added some silver twine to the top. 




For the inside I half stamped the tree and added a touch of Wink of Stella.  I used the sentiment from an old set Warmth and Wonder - although I love the greeting which goes well with this card I really don't like when SU add full stops (periods) to the end of sentiments.  It's one of my pet hates and once you notice it you see it done quite a lot!  So I added a little silver dot to hide it and added a few more for good measure.

I hope you like my very glittery card.  Do pop along on the hop to see what great inspiration the girls have for you.  Don't forget if you would like to join in our next hop just come and join us at Joy of Sets.

Click on the button below to move forward in the hop to Jackie Lawless' blog



If you want to go backwards click on the Previous button to be taken to Rebecca-Jo Unwin's blog








 

10 comments:

Jane Allmark Crafting With Jane said...

Love this misty morning feel to this card. Gorgeous x

Rebecca-Jo Unwin said...

Stunning card Fiona, TFS

Andrea said...

Wow! What an amazing card. I just love it. I felt all cold and icy just looking at it. x

Angie McKenzie said...

Gorgeous, Fiona! Love all the Dazzling Diamonds... Winter Woods is a holiday favorite of mine, too. xx

Unknown said...

Beautiful Fiona! Makes me feel a chill (as I sit here in the AC while its 81 degrees at 10:30 in the morning...Thanks for hosting the hop!

Susan Lawson (Simpson) said...

Thanks for reminding me that I have some Heat and Stick Powder (somewhere)! Love this project - off to find my powder and heat gun. Thank you for organising another hop Fiona - love hopping with all these lovely talented ladies xx

Pia Gerhardt - Scraproomboom said...

Beautiful card Fiona!

Jennifer said...

Well, if there's only one set to get from the Holiday Catty, the Winter Woods was a great choice! I have heat and stick powder, too, but haven't even thought about it in years! Now I'm curious to see if mine is still good :) Thanks for the inspiration!

Alejandra Gomez said...

You did fantastic in this card!! Love it

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for this card Fiona - I've never quite got the hang of heat and stick powder but you've inspired me to have another go. It really is a beautiful card!!