Friday 19 October 2018

IT'S HIGH TIDE... I MADE SOMETHING OTHER THAN A CHRISTMAS CARD!

I must admit I have a weakness for Christmas cards so once the season is nearly here I'm off making loads of them.  However, not everyone wants to see Christmas cards in October so I've forced myself out of the Christmas grotto and on to something else for the Watercooler Wednesday Masculine Challenge - the hint was in my title - I've gone with Stampin Up's High Tide.

I did lots of sponging for the background for the Lighthouse scene using all Stampin Up's colours.

I used a retired dots embossing folder and folded down the top right hand corner of the card.  The birds were continued on the inside which shows up.


and the inside of the card was also stamped and sponged.


I think this set makes great masculine cards and I love this style.


 

4 comments:

Heidi Weaver said...

Hi Fiona, I love the design of your card. Folding down that corner of the front really grabs one's attention and gives a hint to there being more to see inside. Love the colours you've used and, of course, the stamp set. It's beautifully masculine. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

Jane Allmark Crafting With Jane said...

Love the colours & the way you decorated the inside of the card. Great job x

Jennifer said...

Super pretty card. I just used this set today myself with some sponging :) Great minds think alike!

Anne S said...

Great job. thanks for sharing.