Monday 29 October 2018

FRESHLY MADE SKETCHES #360

I found another new challenge blog on my travels around blogland - new to me as it's been going a long time - Freshly Made Sketches I'm guessing is all about sketches but they ask for Clean cards so that took a little bit of research.  





I chose to use those lovely candles from Stampin Up Merry Patterns again - and grabbed two colours from my stash of SU inks - which turned out to be Lemon Lime Twist and Rich Razzleberry - slight alternative reds and greens for Christmas.  I loved how they looked together on the candles.  I cut out a second stamping of the Rich Razzleberry ones and added them with dimensionals.  I added some holly die cut leaves and very nearly distressed them and added ink to the edges but then I re-read the rules.  I added some Wink of Stella to them instead to make them stand out.



That was nearly going to be my card but it seemed a bit bare, even with the stitched framelits.  So hunting in my DSP stash I found this paper - I couldn't believe my luck that it had the exact colours I'd just used.  Paper like this is normally too busy for me but I like the splodges that it gives.  The little greeting is from an old set from Inkadinkadoo and I liked the fact that it had a holly motif in with the greeting.






 

3 comments:

Sarah Keerie said...

I love sketches, great when you have crafting fog as I like to call it!

Amy O said...

A pretty card! I love how you've added dimension to the candles. So glad you found us at Freshly Made Sketches, and we hope you'll play again!

Jane Allmark Crafting With Jane said...

Love the colours you used for the candles. Purples are my favourite x