Thursday 11 October 2018

FLIP CARD

A new type of fold card from me today - I do like different folding cards.  This one I think is called the flip fold card.

I've used a retired set from Stampin Up called Merry Patterns - at first I didn't like the little candles in this set but now I've started to ink them up I adore them.  I love the way they are two set stamping sets and they make inking them up so easy - the colours I've used here are traditional Christmas (my favourite) of Cherry Cobbler and Always Artichoke.  I've used More Mustard for the flames and a touch of Cherry Cobbler in the middle of the flame.






I used a retired SU embossing folder for the holly background and the holly cut outs are non SU - little dies I found in my local craft shop for 99p!!  I added a touch of Cherry Cobbler cardstock behind the berries and added Wink of Stella to make them glisten. 




The Sentiment on the front is from another retired set Warmth and Wonder  and the sentiment inside is from an old Inkadinkado set.  I've re stamped the candles inside - cause I love them! 



I'm adding this into the following challenges:

TIME OUT #120 which is looking for Colour.
Addicted to Stamps #313  - Holiday
Tuesday Throwndown - Anything Goes




 

4 comments:

Jane Allmark Crafting With Jane said...

Love the candles & the Embossing. Lovely card.
JOS paying it forward
Jane x

K M Meena Herale said...

Beautiful work, Thank you for joining at Addicted to Stamps and More and waiting to see next time.

Hugs
Meena DT

Nonni said...

Such a beautiful Christmas card! I adore those cute little candles, the traditional color palette and the unique fold. Very detailed and pretty! Thanks for taking TIME OUT and joining our challenge!

Shona Chambers said...

I love seeing the different types of folding cards people make (mine are so boring....). This is such a beautiful, traditional Christmas card that would make anyone smile arriving in the mail. I'm so glad you shared it with us at TIME OUT!!