Thursday 18 October 2018

CHRISTMAS REINDEER

I found a different style of card on my travels round blogland and You Tube. It seems this style of card was popular a few years ago - so I thought I'd have another go at trying it out and I love it - I've done a few so far with different themes. I think it's known as an envelope card but I'm not sure.

I've done mine as Christmas cards as Christmas is on my mind at the moment and it's my most favourite type of card to make.




The papers I've used for my card are from Marianne Designs called Artic Winter - probably a few years old now.  The Reindeer is from Stampin Up' Merry Patterns - now retired.  I sponged the edges of the Very Vanilla cardstock with More Mustard (an old SU colour) and Early Espresso to give it a soft vintage look. I stamped the deer in Early Espresso and then coloured in his sweater with More Mustard and Night of Navy marker pens and then added some glitter.  

The little snowflake was made using SU Seasonal Thinlets and the dazzling embellishments in that gorgeous gold are non SU.  The Merry Christmas sentiment is also from an old Set and I've added a touch of More Mustard twine.

I'm adding this into the challenge over at Cards In Envy - they ask for your favourite Holiday cards - in the UK we don't know Christmas as the holidays and Hallowe'en is not considered a holiday over here and we don't have Thanksgiving - holidays to us are vacations to the US.

Here's another similar card but this was done with one of my favourite retired SU Sets for Christmas, Winter Post.   I sponged the background and did some reflection inking for the trees from Winter Woods and the skaters.  The papers are Artic Winter again and this time a slightly larger snowflake.  I can see I will be making a few more of these type of cards.






 

3 comments:

Sherry Hickey said...

Thanks for sharing your envelope Christmas card with us at Cards In Envy! I've never seen that clever design and I like the nature theme and colors of your card. Very nice!

Jane Allmark Crafting With Jane said...

Love the vintage feel to this card. Lovely designs. The skaters are my favourite as love the blue tones you’ve achieved x

Andrea said...

I just love this fold, I will have to try it myself.