Wednesday 24 October 2018

A NOT SO CAS AUTUMN CARD

From a CAS Autumn card to a not so CAS Autumn card - this one is for the Global Design Project#GDP161- who have given us colours to work with - specifically Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie and Old Olive.  These colours scream Autumn and I was determined not to do another Christmas card.



I actually decided to get out Jar of Love and make a wreath - I've never made one before so thought it was about time.   I used the Crushed Curry and Pumpkin Pie for the flowers and also stamped these colours off just to give a variety of shades for the flowers.  The little leaves were cut out with a non SU framelit in Old Olive card stock.

I've added some Old Olive Baker's Twine and some non SU gold rhinestones to some of the flowers.  A touch of Wink of Stella on the bow and some of the flowers also gives it a lovely shine.  The thanks sentiment is from Jar of Love.


Some of the flowers were added with dimensionals to give it some depth.  My little tip for this wreath was to use one of the Stitched Framelits underneath as a guide.  I'm going to have another go at this and try and make a Christmas version.





 

2 comments:

dianne@diannescards.com said...

Lovely card. I love the variations in sharing in the flowers.

Andrea said...

Love the colours and I would have found it a challenge to use them as I rarely go down the yellows road. I think I ought to challenge myself more with colours as I tend to stick to the same old. Love the card.