Wednesday 24 October 2018

A CAS AUTUMN CARD

Autumn is my most favourite time of the year - I love the crisp mornings, the gorgeous colours of the trees, the provender Mother Nature provides that I can forage and turn into goodies for the winter months ahead.

I'm lucky enough to have an Iron Age Hill Fort just ten minutes down the road from where I live and it's a favourite place to walk my dogs.  This is a picture of my Welsh Springer Tegan enjoying her walk against that gorgeous backdrop of the trees.  She's recently had surgery and is recovering very well = it's so nice to see her out and about again.


My card today is for Addicted to CAS #147 which has given us the prompt word of Foliage.

I was inspired by a card I found by Jan Clothier - I used some old SU ink colours for my card - More Mustand, Real Rust ( a great favourite) and Rose Red.  I masked off a strip and sponged the colours.  I used SU Colourful Seasons and Seasonal Layers thinlets - I used Early Espresso to ink the stamps and cut the smaller leaf out of cardstock.  The sentiment is from an old SU set Yay You and is just right for this card as I got my inspiration from Jan.  I don't know her but I have seen her work around blogland.





            

1 comment:

Jan Clothier said...

Fiona, thank you so much for this card as it has made my day to think that my work has inspired you. :-) You really are channelling me today as using a sponged column of colours on the left side like this is one of my favourite go-to layouts! I am envious of you living so close to something as interesting as an Iron Age fort. Thank you also for that lovely sentiment. I've never seen it before but it's great.