Monday 3 September 2018

TRY STAMPIN ON TUESDAY #378 - SKETCH

Our challenge this week over at Try Stampin on Tuesday #378 is a Sketch with the option of the theme of School Days. We are also pairing up with Double Trouble Challenge Blog and here are their details:

   Trouble Maker is celebrating "School Days". Whether you have a preschooler or you have been out of school for years, September always brings to mind the sound of the school bell. Use a theme showing teacher appreciation or reminders of school days. Twisted Sister challenges you to stay out of detention and include a bookmark or tag that your card recipient can remove and use. This twist is optional.




So in total you have a sketch, a theme and the option of adding a bookmark or tag.  Well I was definitely up for the challenge.  The only set I thought I could use was the retired SU Apple of My Eye - well apples are for teachers are they not?  I'd love to know where that idea originated!


I used a piece of SU Designer Series Paper for one of my side panels, the other I stamped some of the leaves from the set in SU Pear Pizazz.  I added a stitched framelit of the DSP for the back of my apple and stamped the image and the words on another stitched framelit.  The leaves and stalk were cut out and inked in SU Tranquil Tide and finished off with Wink of Stella.  I used some of the lovely SU Satin ribbon and a diamond embellishment to finish off my card.  Inside the card is a bookmark,  which easily slides off the card ready to be attached to a book.




The sentiment inside is from another old SU set Build A Bouquet - well maybe the teachers are not quite so happy to be back after their break!






 

3 comments:

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Love your interpretation of the sketch and the monochromatic green choice for your card...and your green apple brings back memories of my grandmother's apple pies...beautiful card. Thanks for teaming up with us for the next couple weeks, and thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble making you eligible for chances to our random draw prize, and keep us in mind for future challenges.

Melanie R said...


Beautiful card! I am such a fan of this gorgeous green color and the way you followed the sketch. Thank you joining us at Double Trouble Challenge.

papercraftingprincess said...

What a fun card...I love the detachable bookmark - would you mind sharing some details on that. Thank you for joining Double Trouble Papercrafting Challenge.