Monday 10 September 2018

BACK TO BASICS

As You See It Challenge #184 has asked us to go back to basics this week  - stamps, inks, paper, ribbon.

I have just been using my new set from Stampin Up Called Winter Woods - although this is meant to be a Christmas set I bought it for its versatility - I love tree sets and they can be used for any season - not just for Christmas.  I've had a great time here inking up my trees in all sorts of different colours - greens, golds, rusts, brown to give them an autumnal feel.  There is a touch of Wink of Stella over them just to give them a bit of a sparkle - then I tore the edges and sponged - one of my favourite things to do.  A simple bit of ribbon on the bottom with the sentiment and a leaf brad from my stash finished off this card.




 

3 comments:

Jan Clothier said...

I like the torn and sponged edges - it gives a really rustic edge to the card, enhanced by the touch of the burlap ribbon. Lovely set - I wish I'd got it now. Thanks for joining us at As You See It, Fiona.

LeAnne said...

Very pretty way to use this image...it's one I haven't inked up from this set yet, so it's nice to see! I love the burlap ribbon and your tearing and sponging...I remember that from my early stamping days too! Thanks for sharing this with us at AYSI this week!

Heather Cooper said...

Amazing what you can achieve with just the basics, isn't it? I love your distressed edges, Fiona, and the way you've stamped your trees, and added the rustic burlap ribbon. Thanks for sharing your creation with us at As You See It Challenges.